About The Knotty Woodworker

My photo
Handmade wood furniture artist that ships anywhere! 303.246.4766
bruce@theknottywoodworker.net

Friday, June 3, 2011

A bedside chest

I was asked to build a small chest to sit between the two beds featured in my blog post below. It is a simple design, yet the quality is impeccable. Solid wood construction, even in the drawers.
Using some of my choice pieces of Beetle Kill Pine, the chest has a lot of brown in the grain, giving the piece an overall darker tone.
The drawers are made from 5/8" thick solid Beetle Kill Pine and features Blumotion undermount soft closing slides. They are full extension, meaning that the drawer comes all the way out of the cabinet for access.
The handles were cut from small limbs and burnished so that they looked whittled but feel very smooth in the hand.










Whatever your need is; picnic table, what-knot shelves, bookcases, etc., The Knotty Woodworker has over 20 years experience in woodworking and a plethora of fresh ideas to help make your house a home. Give me a call at 303.246.4766 to discuss what I can do for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly desired and appreciated